Becky jotted on Saturday, September 06, 2008 @ 10:51 PM
Seems like years since a last blog. Although I have alot of thoughts and feelings now and then, I'm really too lazy to blog. Haha.
Have been feeling very lethergic nowadays, no matter how much time i spend sleeping is not enough. But my da jie always call me pig, cause I sleep much more than her. =(
I have been in hotel industry for exactly 3 years and 3 months. How time flies uh? I feel so old at times, especially when I meet up with my secondary and primary friends. But I simply love meeting them as well, as I'm able to reveal my youth? Haha. To be honest, I would want to further my studies again. However, the issue would be $$?
I see my colleague come and by one by one, this is definately part of hotel line. But I have a colleague who asked me to seek sponsorship from my current hotel, Amara, to further my studies. That means I would need to be bonded again? How scary can that be, spending almost half my life there? My reservations manager is a perfect example, she have been working there for 25 years, since 19 years old after her attachment days. My colleague, Raymond, commented that I would be like her and thereafter becomes the General Manager. Nah. How ambitious to think that way.
Nevertheless, I simply enjoy working no matter how tired I am. It's like coming back home, very family to be at work. Maybe cause I know almost all the people at work since my attachment days. I love being greeted and greet people by name in the morning everyday. How would it be like to stop this routine one day? I wonder...
Every couple that I meet at work has become my friend. They share with me their problems and their happiness of being in a relationship. (How about mine then? =/) I have become much wiser I guess.
I love planning surprises for them too. There was once when a auntie called me up to ask for help to surprise her niece, who is the bride. I am more than glad to help of course! She requested a live band to play the couple's march-in song. I have a good friend whom I met at work, who performs just for weddings. He helped me out! Coordinating the whole process, the actual day turned out perfect! I was their emcee for their solemnization and I was moved to tears when the couple march-in with shock and surprise. The band played the bride's favourite song, can't help falling in love. They ended the solemnization ceremony with a group hug with the auntie who planned all these. She said: "Nelly, you are my only niece and I love to see you so happy like today." I stood at the door when the people disperse, the relative shooked my hand as if I was the bride man. I am really happy because I have helped them with a pleasant surprise.
I wonder what would it be like to be a real bride when I see so many couples walk down the aisle so often...
Aiya, I need a break badly man. I want to go holidays by myself, spend time all alone. But I don't mind if my 2 friends can join me. Somewhere beachy would be good. Then i can feel the sea breeze and relax. =)