Nice Taxi Uncle...
Becky jotted on Monday, April 20, 2009 @ 11:03 PM
I took a cab from work to Chin Bee Ave to meet up one of my client. Only realising that I didn't have enough cash when I was reaching the destination. Told the uncle to go further up, so that I can draw money from JP.
I gave him all the money I have in my wallet, $13.00 when the taxi fare is already $15.00++. Told him to wait for me and I'll draw money. Took some time to buy drinks too. Only found out that the taxi uncle wasn't at the spot where I alighted, when I returned. I called Janice to ask her if I should wait or take another cab? She said wait lah, while I said but there are so many other cabs around.
Not long after, the taxi uncle appeared. He said he can't wait there, so he went for one round. I said : Uncle tot you left without me. He replied : I must keep to my words, I said I will wait for you. If not you might be scolding and cursing at me behind my back, which is totally not worth it.
(He is unlike the horrible uncle that I once took, when I rushed home from school to get the mac adapter. He said wait wait, but in the end left without me when I returned. I was already rushing for time and there was no other cab on the streets when it was raining so heavily. I was fuming with anger.)
I offered taxi uncle another bottle of drink that I bought and he was really happy. Seems like I was an angel sent from Heaven. Hehe. In the end, the uncle didn't want to accept more money from me cause I bought him the drink. The fare came up to be $19.00+. I insisted on giving him.
Just something that happened today that made me smile. =)